- Jersey City, NJ, USA
- Full Time
Medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, 401k Retirement Plan with matching contribution, paid time off and paid holidays.
Apartment Maintenance Technician - Luxury Residential Building
Join the PRC Management Co. team and be a part of an organization that has provided quality rental housing for over 60 years. This is a dynamic company with opportunities for advancement.
The Maintenance Technician will assist with the overall maintenance of a luxury apartment building in Jersey City, New Jersey. This position reports directly to the Regional Property Manager and requires daily commute to the property.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform work order requests and prepare market-ready apartments.
- Participate in a stand-by emergency schedule for evening, weekend, and holiday coverage.
- Participate in all maintenance projects.
- Perform electrical repairs on items such as appliances, fixtures, switches, outlets and other equipment as directed.
- Perform plumbing work such as clearing stoppages, replacing fittings, zone valves, pipe sections, painting, both interior, and exterior, as directed, to include taping, spackling and repair.
- Perform carpentry work such as fitting doors, replacing molding, repairing structural framing, sanding, and refinishing floors.
- Perform custodial work necessary to clean and prepare market-ready apartments, such as cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, carpeting, and appliances.
- Responsible for cleaning grounds, laundry rooms, and all common areas daily.
- Responsible for repair of concrete, masonry, roofing, and fences as required.
- Responsible for maintenance of boilers, domestic hot water heaters and energy management devices.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on manufacturer's recommendations and operating manuals.
- Know all water, gas, oil, or electrical shutoffs due to an emergency.
- Assist in apartment check-in and check-out inspections.
- Perform annual apartment inspections.
- Participate in snow removal efforts with staff.
- Assist in delivering notices and providing information to residents as directed by the Property Manager.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Driver's License - required
- Lift 70-75 pounds unassisted
- Be able to climb (roofs) 25-30 ft.
- Crawl space squat position for two hours
- Be able to shovel snow for extended periods (up to 6 hours)
- Must be able to stand a maximum of three hours
- Must be able to work on stepladders and work overhead with hand tools, power tools, and painting equipment
This list of duties represents the duties required but should not be construed as an all-inclusive list. The Property Manager or PRC Management may specify additional duties using reason and sound judgment in such assignment.