- Red Bank, NJ, USA
- Full Time
Medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, 401k Retirement Plan with matching contribution, paid time off and paid holidays.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for performing complex accounting needs. Duties include preparing and reviewing financial data to make forecasting decisions and communicating with company Executives about financial strategies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees preparation of business activity reports, financial forecasts, and annual budgets.
- Preparation of monthly and year-end financial reports, variance analysis; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or financial reporting standards.
- Preparation of balance sheet support schedules and bank reconciliation.
- Review of rent roll for accuracy, prepare and record monthly vacancy journal entries, review, and ensure concessions and other charges are recorded accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Audits accounts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations; coordinates with outside auditors and provides needed information for external audits.
- Presents recommendations to management on short/long term financial objectives and policies.
- Provides financial analysis with an emphasis on investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Reviews and approves invoices in Yardi.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and property accounting.
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Highly proficient with property accounting software such as Yardi.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline required.
- Three to five years of accounting experience required.