Prairie AquaTech is seeking an enthusiastic, team-oriented full-time Seed Train Technician in a growing, fast-paced, product development-focused environment. Prairie AquaTech is an animal health and nutrition company focused on upgrading plant-based meals via fermentation into a high-quality protein for use as feed. The Equipment Technician will play a vital role in a growing, fast-paced, product development-focused environment and will support order to improve production facilities, reduce the incidence of equipment breakdown and develop strategies to improve overall reliability and plant safety, personnel and production processes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure facility efficiency and workplace safety
- Design equipment maintenance strategies, procedures and methods
- Diagnose and troubleshoot any equipment problems
- Carry out quality inspections based on schedule
- Monitor and control maintenance costs
- Maintain all building systems and grounds
- Strictly adhere to established company safety protocols
- Maintain clear and accurate maintenance records
- Bachelor's in science-related field or an associate degree/diploma in a science or engineering field with relevant experience
Relevant job experience:
- Experience and/or coursework in microbiology and aseptic technique preferred
- Experience with working in shifts during nights preferred
- Experience with plant operations equipment is a plus
- Experience with microscopy, spectroscopy, and assay development is a plus
- Experience with enzyme assays is a plus
- Experience with statistical method analysis is a plus
Specialized Job/Technical Knowledge:
- Ability to multitask, and maintain focus and quality of each task
- Strong technical and mechanical troubleshooting abilities preferred
- Ability to follow company Standard Operating Procedures
- Ability to work independently and with excellent time management
- Ability to follow protocols with high precision and accuracy
- Demonstrates proficiency in basic math skills.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the use of basic computer skills
- Keen attention to details with strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Quick and effective diagnosis and troubleshooting skills
- Basic understanding of laboratory safety
- Ability to read analyze and interpret documents
Non-Technical skills and abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to complete tasks within specified timelines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- This position includes responsibilities in a laboratory and production environment.
- Employees will work near moving mechanical parts and work directly with steam and chemical solutions.
- Employees may experience hot, cold, humid, odorous, and wet conditions.
- Capable of working with power tools.
- Employees must be able to lift 60 pounds.
- Respect a culture of safety first for you and your peers through strict adherence to health and safety procedures and protocols
- Understands hazardous material and safety procedures and how to find and use SDS information
- Use personal protective equipment- head protection, eye protection, and steel-toed footwear in the plant, and hearing protection for loud environments