Prairie AquaTech Manufacturing is a manufacturing company based in Volga South Dakota that is improving animal health and nutrition by providing high quality feed ingredients. Using patent-pending technologies licensed on a worldwide, exclusive basis from South Dakota State University and developed internally, the Company is upgrading soybean meal to high quality ingredients used in aquaculture and other animal feeds.
- Oversee and direct the efforts of the HACCP plan, including GMP auditing and corrective action plan development.
- Establishes quality and reliability standards by studying product and consumer requirements with other members of management and with production operators, technicians and engineers.
- Establishes product quality documentation system by writing and updating quality assurance procedures.
- Maintains product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies and procedures and government requirements; collaborating with other members of management to develop training methods.
- Manages and directs the quality assurance activities for the plant, to include syrup preparation and distribution, microbiology, sanitation, finished product analysis, package integrity testing, HACCP/GMP, and process control.
- Investigates reports and formulates corrective action plans on plant specific consumer complaints.
- Manage plant audits for housekeeping programs and coordinate improvement activities with other managers.
- Assist supervisors in resolving Quality Control issues, tracking quality trends, recommending and implementing plans to improve quality and production efficiency.
- Provide quality improvement education to the workforce through regular team meetings.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Focuses entire plant on quality, service, safety and cost as a top priority.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor's degree in science related field, business, or appropriate equivalent from an accredited university.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on work experience in the Quality Compliance role.
- International Compliance Experience
- Experience in Quality Control in a manufacturing environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Solid business acumen including management, analytical, problem-thinking, project management, business writing and reporting skills.
- Understands and can support all OSHA required training and compliance.
- Hands-on experience with optimization of aerobic fermentation process monitoring/control, and operations at varying levels of scale
- Demonstrated experience in Design of Experiment principles and statistical analysis of data
- Ability to work in a bio-manufacturing environment
- Ability to work independently and in a multidisciplinary team
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Proficiency with MS Office suite and ability to utilize new software/automation tools for scientific and business activities
Title and Compensation Pending Experience