- 09-Jun-2021 to 08-Aug-2021 (EST)
- Remote, USA
PowerMyLearning is a nonprofit that advances educational equity and accelerates student success. Our programs promote culturally relevant teaching practices, foster social-emotional learning, and help students reach rigorous learning standards. We offer school- and district-level packages that include professional development for teachers and capacity-building workshops for families. We also offer an award-winning innovation, Family Playlists. What sets us apart from other organizations is our focus on activating the power of collaboration between students, teachers, and families. Now more than ever, our collective efforts to accelerate learning recovery must address the needs of the whole child and include families so we can reverse the systematic denial of educational opportunity based on race, class, language, and learning differences.
The UX/UI designer is an hourly contractor role that serves as part of PowerMyLearning's Product Team and reports to the Director of Product Management. The UX/UI designer will support our platform PowerMyLearning Connect, which is used by thousands of teachers, families, and students.
- Translate user research and needs into viable product solutions
- Lead design-thinking workshops with internal staff and end users to generate new feature enhancements
- Creating wireframes and user flows to help visualize user needs
- Developing functional prototypes in Figma to serve as visual front-end requirements for developers to build new features
- Lead user feedback sessions with internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with our developers to ensure that designs are feasible
- 3+ years of experience as a UX/UI designer for digital products or services
- Proficiency with designing and prototyping in Figma
- Knowledge of human-centered best practices and user experience design methods
- Knowledge and/or experience with web accessibility standards
- Ability to collaborate with product owners, business analysts, and other stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Experience working in education or in designing for users with varying degrees of accessibility to technology
COMPENSATION AND LOGISTICS
- Compensation to be earned hourly
Qualified candidates will need to submit a resume, and a portfolio if you have one. To get started, fill out our quick application on the right.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
PowerMyLearning is committed to building a diverse team of staff and strongly encourages applications from people of color.