- Detroit, MI, USA
- Full Time
Full Cafeteria Plan including Medical, Dental, Optical, and Life Insurance
ASK US ABOUT OUR $500 SIGNING BONUS
Under direct supervision, performs daily cleaning tasks for patient rooms, nursing stations, lounges, restrooms, office, clinic areas and any other areas assigned, in accordance with standard procedures of the department and in accordance with facility standards and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The custodian is responsible for adhering to all patient cares services standards.
- Maintain establish departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, environmental and infection control standards.
- Performs all housekeeping related tasks demonstrating service orientation to fellow employees, patients, visitors and hospital staff.
- Maintains sanitary environment by completing the following:
- Utilizing standardized cleaning methods in all areas per cleaning manual and training.
- Cleans work cart
- Completes all necessary pantry sanitation.
- Stocks storage areas as required with supplies and linen.
- Appropriately stores supplies and equipment at the end of the shift.
- Disposes of trash and cleans waste receptacles on the unit
- Completes cycle cleans as indicated on duty list including utilizing hand buffers.
- Identifies and reports minor repairs to the Service Response Center.
- Must be able to complete all steps of the Housekeeping request process, including:
- Greeting/ engaging patient
- Scheduling room cleaning time
- Stocking amenities for patient and guest
- Keeping appointment for clean time
- Resolving/ addressing service related concerns.
- Thanking patient/guest
- Replenishes areas cleaned with supplies of soap, hand sanitizer, paper towels, and sharps containers.
- Operates single disc floor machine to spray buff floors, vacuum and spot carpets.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and unit data per HIPPA regulations.
- Enhances job- related growth and development through participation in educational programs, in-service meetings, and workshops.
- In case of fire or other internal disasters, assists in evacuating ambulatory patients and residents to exits.
- In of case of community disaster assists nursing in making up extra beds and other duties as assigned.
- Communicates patients concerns, discomforts to appropriate nursing staff if/when communicated by patient or visitors.
- Performs all other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience preferred
- At least two verifiable job references working for companies or institutions with a reputation for customer service excellence
- Excellent work history with outstanding attendance
- Must be able to interact directly with patient population, job require high visibility. Must exhibit consistently high level of customer service, and 'patient first' sensibility.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English at a level, which allows the safe and efficient performance of the job.
- Must pass physical examination as required by Powerlink, which includes a drug screen and Tuberculoisis screen.
- Must provide proof of legal status to work.
- After initial training, demonstrate ability to utilize supplies, tools, and equipment properly including but not limited to: telephone, digital scanning devices, and digital paging devices.
- Physical ability to lift, push, pull and/or squat a minimum of 50 pounds, able to stand and walk 90% of work period and able to walk stairs negotiate uneven surfaces.
- Must meet or exceed core customer service responsibilities, standards, and behaviors.
- Must practice the customer service skills as provided through on-going training and in-services.
- Must possess the following personal qualities:
- Be self-directed
- Be flexible and committed to team concept
- Demonstrate team work, initiative and willingness to learn
- Possess interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Be willing to instruct others, and
- Be open to how learning experiences
- Works in patient care area environment, which may include exposure to communicable disease, unpleasant odors, acute patient conditions, potential exposure to infection and hazardous gases.
- Prolonged standing walking and lifting of supplies and equipment.
- All other related duties as assigned