A LAUNDRY AIDE, is a specific position within the HOUSEKEEPING DEPARTMENT. which specializes in the operation of commercial laundering equipment in the processing of soiled laundry. Tasks assure that soiled laundry will be cleaned and returned to general circulation in a sanitary condition and free of physical defects.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
- Receive and sort Resident clothing and linens according to fiber, color, soiled condition.
- Supply recommended quantities of detergents, conditioners and bleaches safely and properly.
- Operate washers and dryers in accordance within safety standards.
- Fold, wrap or place finished laundry on hangers.
- Maintain laundry room and equipment in a clean and orderly manner.
- Perform related work as requested.
- The ability to bend and sort soiled linen a minimum of 2 hours a day.
- The ability to lift 20-30 pound bags of soiled line to the washer for loading a minimum of 40 times a day.
- The ability to lift bundles of clean linen to a delivery cart for delivery to units a minimum of 15 times a day.
- The ability to push 50 pound linen hamper safely in and out of elevator and down hallways.
- The ability to bend at the knees, waist and neck at least 50 times a day to allow the sorting and/or folding of linens.
- Slippery and wet floors.
- Sharp objects.
- Hazardous material.
- Hot and humid environment.
Must be attentive, friendly, helpful & courteous to Residents, Supervisors and fellow Employees.