- Pleasant Grove, UT, USA
- 13-15 per hour
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE POSITION
The Parks Maintenance Worker serves under the direction of the Parks Superintendent. This position is responsible for performing skilled work pertaining to park maintenance and design; construction; and risk management related to city parks, park amenities, and other city owned properties.
FUNCTIONS & DUTIES
As Parks Maintenance Worker :
- Assist in the proper maintenance of city parks, park amenities and other city owned properties.
- Performs landscaping and irrigation system installation and maintenance.
- Performs safety inspection of assigned areas and equipment.
- Assures that assigned areas of responsibility are performed within budget; performs cost control activities; assures effective and efficient use of budgeted funds, personnel, materials, facilities, and time.
- Assists in the control of, and is responsible for, all materials and supplies used in the maintenance, construction and repair of City Parks and properties.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION:
Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent preferred
Some related experience in grounds maintenance.
- Knowledge of the operation of city parks and properties.
- Some combination of education and experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the work may be considered.
SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate to employees oral and written instructions.
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment such as trucks, mowers, tractors, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, stoop, talk, and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, bend, stoop, talk, hear, walk, use hands to operate, finger, handle or feel objects, or controls, and reach with hands and arms, and lift 25 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Working conditions may vary.
- No significantly hazardous conditions exist.
- The employee is required to perform tasks in the field on a daily basis; exposure to the hot sun and outdoor elements will occur.
DISCLAIMER: INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job descriptions are not intended as and no not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminates for any reason not prohibited by law.
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process if fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff and termination decisions. Well constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed in an attempt to illustrate essential functions and basic duties, in addition to 'peripheral tasks' or that could generally be considered "other duties as assigned". In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Requirements, skills and abilities included have been determined to illustrate the minimal standard required to successfully perform the positions.
In accordance with Americans with Disabilities Act, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions & duties as described.