- Pleasant Grove, UT, USA
- 16-18 per hour
- Part Time
This position works under the direction of the Water and Sewer Division Manager. Responsibilities include assisting in the construction, operation, repair, maintenance, and replacement of, culinary water, pressurized irrigation, and sanitary sewer, cleaning, and water meter reading and maintenance.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Assist the following: Inspect, maintain, and/or repair utility infrastructure, including water lines, sewer lines and pressure irrigation systems.
- Read water meters using touch-read technology, manually, or remote-read technology.
- Traverse assigned routes by foot and/or vehicle.
- May perform water service disconnects, reconnects, new service orders, and investigative inquiries.
- Maintain a variety of records relating to inspections, maintenance activities, water meter placement, consumption, etc.
- Communicate with co-workers, citizens, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid Utah Driver License required
- Will train candidates
- Knowledge of manual and power tools such as shovels, rakes, picks, weed trimmers, etc.
- Drive and operate light and medium-duty equipment and vehicles.
- Bend and stoop to adjust, lift, or remove lids and manhole covers.
- Ability to work in all types of weather at all hours of the day for a prolonged period of time.
- Ability to understand and effectively carry out written and oral instructions.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to lift heavy objects with assistance.
- Ability to perform work with recurring movement, including lifting, standing, bending, walking, crawling, or climbing.
- Knowledge of basic computer operations.
- Regularly works in potentially hazardous traffic conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually outdoors and loud.
The City of Pleasant Grove is an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, religion, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, age, national origin, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, or any other factor protected by the law. Reasonable accommodations may be made for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities and duties performed on the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job-related duties and responsibilities that an employee may perform. An employee in this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties required by their supervisor. This job description is not intended to and does not infer or create any employment, compensation, or contract rights to any person or persons. This updated job description supersedes prior descriptions for the same position. Management reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.