- Pleasant Grove, UT, USA
- 15.00 per hour
Wage: $15.00 / hr
Note: Position is seasonal and runs from April thru October; Shift is Tuesday thru Saturday 7am-3pm
The purpose of the Seasonal Parks Custodian is to serve under the direction of the Head Custodian. This position is responsible for cleaning and maintaining all park and ball field restroom and pavilion facilities and trash disposal from all park receptacles. This position is also responsible for pavilion reservation preparation and cleanup.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Works daily with head custodian to ensure all reservations are prepared for and cleaned up according to reports.
- Works daily to clean and maintain park and ball field restrooms in the prescribed manner.
- Works weekly to ensure all detail assignments are completed in a timely manner.
- Works daily to ensure pavilions, tables and floors are cleaned in the prescribed manner.
- Works daily to ensure all park trash is dumped from receptacles and disposed of in the prescribed manner.
- Works with head custodian to prepare for and maintain summer events and ball field tournaments.
- Works to ensure truck is clean and stocked with necessary supplies.
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent.
- Valid Utah Drivers' License.
- Some custodial experience preferred.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and ordinances relating to departmental activities.
- Knowledge of occupational safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to establish attainable goals, objectives and work plans, to supervise and motivate subordinates to achieve goals and objectives in a timely and effective manner.
- Ability to communicate to employees oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, stoop, talk, and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, bend, stoop, talk, hear, walk, use hands to operate, finger, handle or feel objects, or controls, and reach with hands and arms, and lift 25 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Working conditions may vary.
- No significantly hazardous conditions exist.
- The work environment is often a combination of indoor and outdoor work.
- The employee is required to conduct field visits on a regular basis; exposure to the hot sun and outdoor elements will occur.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff and termination decisions. Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed in an attempt to illustrate essential functions and basic duties, in addition to 'peripheral tasks' or that could generally be considered "other duties as assigned". In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Requirements, skills and abilities included have been determined to illustrate the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions.
In accordance with Americans with Disabilities Act, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions & duties as described.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the Pleasant Grove Recreation Department.