- Pleasant Grove, UT, USA
- 16-18 per hour
- Part Time
Administrative Assistant - Part time (Up to 29 hours per week)
Community Development Department
Hiring Range: $16 - 18 / hour
Under the direction of the Community Development Director, the Administrative Assistant performs a wide variety of professional administrative and analytical duties. This position regularly assists the public with requests and provides clerical support for our planning, zoning, business licensing, and building inspections.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Performs reception functions; answers telephone calls and greets visitors;
- Performs customer service functions; provides information/assistance regarding department/division services, activities, procedures, fees or other issues;
- Provides clerical support for planning, zoning, code enforcement, and building inspections.
- General understanding of business licensing to assist the Business Licensing Clerk in their duties.
- Receives moneys in payment of various fees/services; records transactions, issues receipts, and forwards revenues as appropriate.
- Processes incoming/outgoing mail;
- Monitors inventory of department supplies and forms;
- Types, prepares or completes various forms, reports, correspondence, purchase orders, or other documents.
- Performs basic maintenance of computer system and general office equipment, such as back up data or replacing paper, ink, or toner; coordinates services/repair activities as needed.
- Communicates effectively and courteously with public and co-workers.
- High School diploma or GED required
- One (1) year of related experience.
- Knowledge of computer skills in operating Microsoft Office;
- Knowledge of word processing
- Knowledge of basic spreadsheets
- Skill in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Typing certified at 30 wpm, transcribing, and maintain various records and files in preparing and processing records for long term storage.
- Skill in being well organized.
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Professional telephone demeanor and superb organizational skills
- Working conditions may vary.
- Work is typically performed in an air-conditioned office
- No significantly hazardous conditions exist.
The City of Pleasant Grove is an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, religion, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, age, national origin, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, or any other factor protected by the law. Reasonable accommodations may be made for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities and duties performed on the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job-related duties and responsibilities that an employee may perform. An employee in this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties required by their supervisor. This job description is not intended to and does not infer or create any employment, compensation, or contract rights to any person or persons. This updated job description supersedes prior descriptions for the same position. Management reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.