- Pleasant Grove, UT, USA
Part-time, non-exempt, non benefitted
Reports to: Program Coordinator
Contact info: Kylee Allen (801-785-6172)
The Youth Track & Field Aide serves under the direction and general supervision of the Track & Field Coach/Supervisor, Program Coordinators and the Recreation Manager. Youth Track Aides must have general knowledge of track and field events and able to work with children 7 to 14 years old. The Track & Field program begins Mid-April and runs through Mid-June. Practices are held on Mondays and or Wednesdays from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Meets will be held with other cities in Utah County throughout the season on any day of the week. Weekly hours will vary between 3 to 5 hours per week. Hourly requirements are part time/seasonal and not to exceed 29 hours per week. Applicants must be at least 14 years of age. Questions contact Kylee Allen at 785-6172. Closing Date: April 14, 2023 at 5p.m.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Working under direct supervision of the Track Coach/Supervisor.
- Communicating effectively with participants, parents and other staff.
- Assisting with a group of program participants.
- Teaching general track & field knowledge.
- Attending staff meetings and trainings.
- Attending all assigned practices, track meets and events scheduled.
- Assist with setup/takedown and clean-up of facilities after each clinic day.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Applicants must be at least 14 years of age.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Skills in communicating effectively with participants, parents and other staff.
- Ability to be enthusiastic, patient, and motivated to work with children 7-14 years old.
- Ability to teach basic track & field knowledge and rules.
- Youth Track Aides must have general knowledge of Track & Field skills and rules.
- Prior Track Aide experience preferred but not required.
- Moderate physical activity. Ability to lift 15 to 50 pounds
- Position requires outdoor work with some exposure to adverse weather conditions, walking, standing, lifting and other physical activity.
- Work Saturdays