- Pleasant Grove, UT, USA
- 18.00-21.00 per hour
- Part Time
Open until filled. First review Monday, February 13, 2023
Hourly requirements not likely to exceed 29 hours per week. Potential for full-time patrol officer position upon availability.
Duties include but are not limited to transporting prisoners to and from Pleasant Grove Justice Court and 4th District Court, serving court papers, and responding to calls for service as needed. Utah POST LEO certification preferred Utah POST SFO certification required. High School diploma or GED required. Hourly wage: $18.00 to $21.00 per hour depending on experience.
A Police Transportation Officer is mainly responsible for the transportation of prisoners to and from the Pleasant Grove Justice Court and 4th District Court and providing support to the Police Department.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Transport prisoners to and from the Pleasant Grove City Justice Court and 4th District Court
- Serve court papers
- Respond to calls for service as needed
- Upholds and enforce the law impartially, to protect life, liberty, property, human rights and the dignity of the members of the public.
- Patrol the city to preserve law and order. Prevent and discover the commission of a crime, and enforce the criminal and traffic code of the State of Utah.
- Provide a visible presence to deter crime and reassure the community.
- Answer calls and complaints involving thefts, burglaries, assaults, and other misdemeanors and felony crimes.
- Conduct preliminary investigations, identify, secure, and gathers evidence.
- Make arrests, prepare written reports, and testify in court.
- Identify individuals and locations at risk of being involved in crime.
- Issues traffic citations; direct traffic, and investigate traffic accidents.
- Works in partnership with businesses, groups and individuals.
- Respond to citizen and community needs.
- Demonstrate initiative and keep abreast of current trends, practices and programs by participating in career and professional development.
- Maintain professional work habits and image.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Utah POST SFO Certification
- Utah POST LEO Certificate preferred
- Valid Utah Driver's License
- Prior experience is preferred but not mandatory.
- Knowledge of law enforcement methods, and the applicable laws and ordinances. Knowledge of the geography of the city.
- Use of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of numbers including decimals and fractions.
- Use of simple formulas, charts, tables, drawing, specifications, schedules, wiring diagrams, use of adjustable measuring instruments, checking of reports, forms records and comparable data where some interpretation is required intermediate knowledge of basic computer and technical skills.
- Ability to use common sense, maturity, ethical decision-making ability and commitment.
- Ability to make split-second decisions in life or death situations
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to handle animals
- Ability to climb, maintain body equilibrium, bend, kneel, reach, stand, walk, run, push, pull, lift grasp, talk and hear.
- Ability to use surveillance equipment, computers, firearms, handcuffs, spray, baton and radio.
- Working conditions may vary.
- Regularly works in hazardous or potentially hazardous conditions.
- Frequently works with external customers on a regular basis.