- Pleasant Grove, UT, USA
Part-time, non-benefitted, non-exempt
The Maintenance/Custodian Worker serve at the pleasure the Aquatics Manager, under the general supervision of the Maintenance Manager. Weekly hours are part time year round not to exceed 29 hours per week. Weekly hours may vary depending on season and department programming.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
The Maintenance Workers will have to manage a number of requests and projects at one time. He/she must be aware of all items pertaining to the pool area they are assigned to work at and any and all relevant legislation, policies and procedures. He/she may have to complete a number of tasks and responsibilities at one time, and must be prepared to deal with emergencies and stressful situations at any time
- Applicants must be at least 14 years of age.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to make sound decisions in a stressful aquatics environment. Some medium lifting involved.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
- Moderate physical activity. Requires standing and/or walking for up to 4 hours per day.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which requires following basic safety precautions and procedures.
- Good communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Good public relations and customer service skills under sometime stressful situations
- Ability to understand written and spoken instructions
- Ability to lift 15 to 50 pounds
Prior experience a plus, but not required
This position is expected to serve the public through the offerings of the swimming pool and may be required to work in adverse weather conditions. They will be expected to lift, carry and manage equipment and supplies. They may be required to stand for extended lengths of time during a shift. They may have to work odd or long hours at a time to complete special requests or projects. Hours may include weekends and some holidays. Hours may vary as season and activities dictate with a maximum of 29 hours per week. This position may also at times participate in strenuous physical activities, both indoors and out.
**Note that most PGVMP applications will be reviewed in March/April 2023.