The Concession Stand Supervisor serves at the pleasure of the Aquatics Manager and the Recreation Director. Weekly hours are part time not to exceed 40 hours per week. Weekly hours may vary depending on season and department programming. Concession Stand Supervisors are responsible for ordering and selling various food items and beverages, training employees, creating day to day financial reports and other duties listed below.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Functions within established department budgets and guidelines
- Keeps accurate records and information
- Schedule all employees in department
- Handle all food/beverage orders
- Prepare and serve food and beverages
- Receives payment for all items and deposits all payments in cash register
- Clean and maintain the concession area and equipment
- Fill and stock display receptacles
- Provide excellent customer service
- Prepares daily cash reports for Concession Stand Manager
- Implements all other assigned duties
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Current Food Handlers Permit or ability to obtain before employment begins; other certifications as needed
- Must have at least one year of experience with the PGVMP concessions
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must possess good public relations skills, and quality customer service skills
- Must possess good oral and written communication abilities
- Ability to understand written and spoken instructions
- Competent with basic math and cash register skills
- Ability to operate basic machines
- Ability to lift 15-30 pounds
- Willingness to learn and follow instructions
- 1 season of experience with PGVMP concessions
This position is expected to serve the public through the offerings of the concession stands and may be required to work in adverse weather conditions. They will be expected to lift, carry and manage equipment and supplies. They may be required to stand for extended lengths of time during a shift. They may have to work odd or long hours at a time to complete special requests or projects. Hours may include weekends and some holidays. Hours may vary as season and activities dictate with a maximum of 40 hours per week. This position may also at times participate in strenuous physical activities, both indoors and out.
**Note that most PGVMP applications will be reviewed no later than March 2023.