- Pleasant Grove, UT, USA
- 9.00-12.00 per hour
- Part Time
$10 - $12/Hour
Reports to: Funshine Center Coordinator
Contact: Miriam Tomlinson, 801-785-6172
The Funshine Early Learning Center Teacher serves at the pleasure and under the general supervision of the Funshine Early Learning Center Coordinator. This is for a Teacher in the Early Learning Center Program. We are currently hiring for either AM or PM Aide hours which are 9:00am12:30pm on Monday-Friday or 12:30-4:00pm on Monday-Friday. Open until filled. Contact Miriam Tomlinson with any questions
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Commit to teaching a complete 9-month school year at Funshine E.L.C.
- Set up of the classroom before class starts
- Care and supervision of a group of children
- Plan, develop and conduct the activities of children
- Supervise children assigned to the Funshine Early Learning Center
- Involve children in age-appropriate activities
- Provide rewarding experiences for children in the Center
- Interact with parents and children
- Handle discipline problems when necessary
- Provide calendar or newsletter to inform parents of activities, lessons, and parent involvement
- Contact parents when necessary
- Teachers are required to attend any special events, activities, and all staff meetings
- Assist the Recreation Manager as needed
- High School Diploma
- Post-secondary classes or degree in childhood education preferred
- Prior experience teaching children in a classroom setting
- Any other combination of education and experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the work may be considered.
- Skill in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds when required
- Good public relations skills
- Be able to work with children and their families
- This position may require use of personal or City vehicles on City business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver's license and have a good driving record.
- Working conditions may vary
- Most work will be in a classroom setting
- No significantly hazardous conditions exist
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff and termination decisions. Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed in an attempt to illustrate essential functions and basic duties, in addition to 'peripheral tasks' or that could generally be considered "other duties as assigned". In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Requirements, skills and abilities included have been determined to illustrate the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions.
In accordance with Americans with Disabilities Act, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions & duties as described.