- Pleasant Grove, UT, USA
- Full Time
Full-time; excellent benefits
The Assistant to the City Administrator provides assistance and support to the City Administrator including analyzing and implementing policies and procedures and responding to and resolving public inquiries. This position is responsible to provide professional quality work in areas of public relations and special projects as assigned.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Provide assistance and support to the City Administrator.
- Respond to and resolve public inquiries.
- Review and analyze policy to determine impact on the City; work to develop recommendations for legislation.
- Coordinate the release of media and public information and update the media on City or community issues.
- Oversees the City's webmaster in maintaining the City's website content.
- Write press releases, performs on-camera interviews, and responds to media requests as necessary.
- Maintain the City's performance management goals and programs.
- Assists City departments in detailed research and analysis.
- Supervise and coordinate efforts of administrative interns.
- Serve as a project manager for a variety of special projects; facilitate project activities and resolve problems; develop and submit project reports to the City Administrator.
- Serve as a staff liaison for a variety of boards and commissions.
- Coordinate City staffing and resources for major public events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Public Administration or related field required.
- Master's Degree in Public Administration or related field required; additional experience may be substituted for education.
- Two (2) years of related experience preferred.
- Knowledge of management principles.
- Knowledge of municipal budgeting.
- Knowledge of City and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of general supervisory and managerial principles and practices.
- Skill in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Skill in computer programs, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to perform complex skills, including statistics, research data analysis, finance, and interpret charts and graphs.
- This position may require use of personal or City vehicles on City business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid Utah driver's license, and have a good driving record.
- Working conditions may vary
- Work is typically performed in an air-conditioned office
- No significantly hazardous conditions exist
The City of Pleasant Grove is an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, religion, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, age, national origin, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, or any other factor protected by the law. Reasonable accommodations may be made for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities and duties performed on the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job-related duties and responsibilities that an employee may perform. An employee in this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties required by their supervisor. This job description is not intended to and does not infer or create any employment, compensation, or contract rights to any person or persons. This updated job description supersedes prior descriptions for the same position. Management reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.