- Pleasant Grove, UT, USA
- 13.50 - 19.50
- Part Time
The Court Clerk serves under the direction of the Court Clerk Supervisor, and provides clerical support to the Justice Court Judge.
MON 10-4:30, TUE 10-4:30, WED 8-2:30, THU 10-4:30, FRI 8-NOON
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Prepare, process, and maintain court records including bench warrants, commitment and release orders, appeals, expungement records, complaints, affidavits, defaults, motions, summons, subpoenas, judgments, court minutes, and other orders of the court
- Collect and handle money received by the court for fines and fees.
- Answer phones and questions from the public, attorneys, and various other agencies.
- Maintain court dockets, calendars, and schedules.
- Enters and processes tickets and payments and any other documents involved in each citation.
- Answers phone calls and public inquiries.
- Performs computer application, typing, word processing, printing, faxing and mailing.
- Attends training to stay certified as Justice Court Clerk.
- Attends court to assist the Judge.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Post-high school education preferred.
- Prior experience preferred, but not required.
- Basic computer knowledge is required.
- Cashiering experience helpful but not required.
- Clerical knowledge of court procedures or legal settings preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of CORIS, UCJIS and document imaging are also preferred but not required.
- Skill in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Skill in preparing and processing records for long term storage.
- Skill in cataloging and filing public records in accordance with state statutes.
- Working conditions may vary.
- Work is typically performed in an air-conditioned office
- No significantly hazardous conditions exist.
The City of Pleasant Grove is an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, religion, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, age, national origin, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, or any other factor protected by the law. Reasonable accommodations may be made for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities and duties performed on the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job-related duties and responsibilities that an employee may perform. An employee in this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties required by their supervisor. This job description is not intended to and does not infer or create any employment, compensation, or contract rights to any person or persons. This updated job description supersedes prior descriptions for the same position. Management reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.