Part-time, non-benefitted, non-exempt
The Veterans Memorial Pool Receptionist serves at the pleasure of the Front Desk Supervisor and the Aquatics Manager, under the general supervision of the Front Desk Supervisor. Weekly hours are seasonal part-time not to exceed 40 hours per week. Weekly hours may vary nights, weekends and holidays. Front Desk staff performs all work pertaining to front office activities including to but not limited to handling program registration, admitting patrons, collecting membership fees, answering phones and supervising and maintaining the facility. Excellent Customer Service is a necessity with this position.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
As Receptionist/Front Desk Staff, this position will be responsible to:
- Greet all patrons as they enter the Pleasant Grove Veterans Memorial Pool.
- Provide general information on aquatics activities, programs, and facilities.
- Answer incoming calls and transfer to proper staff when necessary.
- Take registrations for aquatics programs and receipt and receive monies.
- Fill out daily cash reports and balance cash receipts when needed.
- Supervise Veterans Memorial Pool by accomplishing the following:
- Check and clean restrooms and other areas of building.
- Check other areas of the building on a regular basis, cleaning when necessary.
- Provide assistance to patrons as needed.
- Prevent problems and resolve issues as they arise.
- Attend staff planning, training, and development meetings
- Communicate with other staff in order to successfully resolve issues and problems in a timely manner.
Implements all other assigned duties
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to operate cash register and basic computer skills.
- Must have good oral and written communication abilities
- Good public relation skills, phone skills, and quality customer service skills.
- Ability to work with all ages of children and adults.
- Moderate physical activity. Ability to lift 15 to 50 pounds.
- Ability to follow basic safety precautions and procedures in relation to staff and general public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, subordinates, and other employees.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a sometime stressful environment.
- Ability to operate equipment and tools required.
- Flexible work hours required including evenings, early mornings, Saturdays and some holidays.
Experience working in an office setting in a recreation or community center setting preferred but not necessary.
This position is expected to instruct and supervise, all participants for which they are assigned. May be required to work in adverse weather conditions. They will be expected to lift, carry and manage equipment. They may have to work odd or long hours at a time to complete special requests or projects and participate in or coordinate evening and off-hour activities. Hours may include weekends and some holidays. Hours may vary as season and activities dictate. This position may also at times participate in and lead strenuous physical activities.
**Note that most PGVMP applications will be reviewed in March 2021