FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Working under direct supervision of the recreation program coordinators.
- Attending all scheduled games and arrive 30 minutes prior to game time.
- Ability to work well with youth and adults.
- Overseeing staff assigned by league coordinator, i.e., scorekeepers, referees.
- Refereeing youth leagues while simultaneously maintaining supervision of the gym
- Assisting coordinators with training of youth staff.
- Assisting with coaches' meetings, tryout/drafts and any necessary league preparation.
- Submittal of all supervised staff hours
- Morning, evening, and Saturday hours
- Setup/take down and clean-up of facilities after each game day.
- Assisting with all other related duties as assigned.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have good oral and written communication abilities
- Good public relation skills and customer service skills.
- Ability to work with all ages of youth and adults.
- Ability to follow basic safety precautions and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and the public.
- Ability to make sound decisions in sometimes stressful environments.
- Experience working in a supervisory position preferred but not required.
- Basketball related knowledge/experience
- Moderate physical activity. Ability to lift 15 to 50 pounds
- Position requires walking, standing, lifting and other physical activity.
- Work Weeknights and or Saturdays
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff and termination decisions. Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed in an attempt to illustrate essential functions and basic duties, in addition to 'peripheral tasks' or that could generally be considered "other duties as assigned". In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Requirements, skills and abilities included have been determined to illustrate the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions.
In accordance with Americans with Disabilities Act, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions & duties as described.