- Pleasant Grove, UT, USA
- 35,320 - 49,448
- Full Time
Full-time; excellent benefits
The Custodian serves under the direction of the Head Custodian. This position is responsible for the cleaning of city owned facilities. This position typically works a swing shift with regular evening hours.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Performs a variety of maintenance tasks requiring a wide range of skills including sweeping, mopping, scrubbing and waxing, dust and clean offices, wash windows and walls, replace light bulbs, vacuum carpets, polish desks and other furniture, empty waste baskets, clean and maintain restrooms and replenish supplies.
- Plans and organizes workloads and staff assignments for assigned part-time custodial staff.
- Performs a variety of miscellaneous duties such as answering phone, running errands, and picking up supplies needed.
- Performs minor repair on a wide variety of equipment such as vacuums, floor buffers, carpet extractors' chairs and tables.
- Performs minor plumbing and electrical repairs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent.
- Valid Utah Drivers' License.
- One (1) year of specialized training related to facilities maintenance in an industrial or public setting..
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and ordinances relating to departmental activities.
- Knowledge of occupational safety rules and regulations.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to plan ahead and prioritize workloads.
- Ability to provide supervision and leadership to part-time night employees.
- Ability to operate custodial equipment safely, effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to inspect, analyze and repair minor plumbing, electrical and physical facilities needs.
- Ability to establish attainable goals, objectives and work plans, to supervise and motivate subordinates to achieve goals and objectives in a timely and effective manner.
- Ability to communicate to employees oral and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, stoop, talk, and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, bend, stoop, talk, hear, walk, use hands to operate, finger, handle or feel objects, or controls, and reach with hands and arms, and lift 25 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Working conditions may vary.
- No significantly hazardous conditions exist.
- The work environment is often a combination of indoor and outdoor work.
- The employee is regularly required to use hazardous cleaning chemicals.
- The employee is required to conduct field visits on a regular basis; exposure to the hot sun and outdoor elements will occur.
The City of Pleasant Grove is an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, religion, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, age, national origin, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, or any other factor protected by the law. Reasonable accommodations may be made for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities and duties performed on the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job-related duties and responsibilities that an employee may perform. An employee in this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties required by their supervisor. This job description is not intended to and does not infer or create any employment, compensation, or contract rights to any person or persons. This updated job description supersedes prior descriptions for the same position. Management reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.