The Dance assistant is under the general supervision of the Dance Coordinator. We are currently hiring for an assistant. Applicants must be at least 15 years of age. The hours are Wednesday from 3:00pm – 5:00pm and Thursday from 3:00pm – 4:00pm. Open until filled. Contact McKenzie Tomlinson with any questions
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Commit to Assisting a complete 9-months
- Help set up dance room
- Care and supervision of a group of children
- Supervise and assist dancers in each class
- Interact with parents and children
- Handle discipline problems when necessary
- Assistant is required to attend any special events
- Assist the Dance Coordinator as needed
- Applicants must have at least 3 years of dance experience with a public or private dance studio.
- Experience in all genres of dance.
- Any other combination of education and experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the work may be considered.
- Skill in communicating effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds when required
- Good public relations skills
- Be able to work with children and their families
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff and termination decisions. Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed in an attempt to illustrate essential functions and basic duties, in addition to 'peripheral tasks' or that could generally be considered "other duties as assigned". In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Requirements, skills and abilities included have been determined to illustrate the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions.
In accordance with Americans with Disabilities Act, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions & duties as described.