- Pleasant Grove, UT, USA
- 12.00 - 15.00
- Part Time
The CTC Intern assists in planning, organizing, and building community support for the Pleasant Grove Communities that Care (CTC) program. This is a visible position in the community and interacts with key community leaders, agencies, volunteers, and stakeholders. Under the direction of the Coordinator, the assistant aids in establishing priorities, long-range plans, and other technical aspects of program operations.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Assists the CTC Coordinator in guiding the Community Board through the Communities that Care process to develop and implement a comprehensive community prevention plan.
- Meets with community leaders and stakeholders to promote city-wide buy in for the Communities that Care program.
- Assists with activities to engage the community in the Communities that Care program.
- Gives public and group presentations.
- Communicates with volunteers.
- Assists the Community Board in developing long term program strategies and goals.
- Assists with Community Board meeting preparation and follow up.
- Acts as the Chair of one of the CTC workgroups
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Working in a team environment
- Knowledge of community engagement techniques.
- Knowledge of basic principles of Prevention Science.
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic math.
- Skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and basic computer application.
- Ability to organize, file, document, and maintain accurate records
- Skills in interpersonal relations and public speaking
- Working conditions may vary
- Work is typically performed in an air-conditioned office
- No significantly hazardous conditions exist
*This is a grant funded position.
The City of Pleasant Grove is an equal opportunity employer without regard to race, religion, sex, pregnancy, genetic information, age, national origin, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, or any other factor protected by the law. Reasonable accommodations may be made for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities and duties performed on the job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job-related duties and responsibilities that an employee may perform. An employee in this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties required by their supervisor. This job description is not intended to and does not infer or create any employment, compensation, or contract rights to any person or persons. This updated job description supersedes prior descriptions for the same position. Management reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.