Flag Football Referee - The City of Pleasant Grove, Utah is looking for Flag Football Referees to provide support to the operations of the Pleasant Grove Recreation Center operated by the Pleasant Grove Parks and Recreation Department. Position is classified as non-exempt part time/seasonal employee. The football program begins September 15th and runs through November. Hourly requirements are part time/seasonal and not to exceed 29 hours per week. Weekly hours will vary between 4 to 8 hours per week, depending on league schedule. Flag Football Referees must have general knowledge of football skills and rules. Applicants must be at least 14 years of age. Applications and complete job description may be picked up at the Pleasant Grove Recreation Center, 547 S Locust, Pleasant Grove, Utah or viewed online at: rec.plgrove.org Closing Date: August 24, 2021 at 5 p.m.. Questions contact Mandy Carson at (801) 785-6172.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Working under direct supervision of the Football Supervisor
- Communicating effectively with participants, parents and other staff.
- Refereeing Football games
- Attending staff meetings and trainings.
- Attending all assigned games
- Assist with setup/takedown and clean-up of facilities
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Applicants must be at least 14 years of age.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Skills in communicating effectively with participants, parents and other staff.
- Ability to referee football games
Referees must have general knowledge of football skills and rules. Prior referee experience preferred but not required.
- Moderate physical activity. Ability to lift 15 to 50 pounds
- Position requires walking, standing, lifting and other physical activity.
- Work weekday nights and Saturdays
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff and termination decisions. Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed in an attempt to illustrate essential functions and basic duties, in addition to 'peripheral tasks' or that could generally be considered "other duties as assigned". In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Requirements, skills and abilities included have been determined to illustrate the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions.
In accordance with Americans with Disabilities Act, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions & duties as described.