Wage: Starting at $8/hour
Reports to: Program Coordinator
Contact: Brett Waters, email@example.com
The PG Youth Soccer League runs from August through September. The Youth Soccer Referee is needed to be precise and alert during the game. Communication through "calls", positioning and whistles are required throughout game play. The referee is under the general supervision of the Soccer Supervisor and the Program Coordinator. Youth referees must have a general knowledge of the sport and meet the physical requirements needed to be a referee. Prior playing and/or reffing experience a huge plus.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Working under direct supervision of the Soccer Supervisor and Program Coordinator
- Attending all scheduled games and arrive 30 minutes prior to game time and able to stay 30 minutes post-game
- Ability to work well with youth and adults.
- Reliable transportation to and from games
- Youth Referee positions are for 1st-4th grade soccer leagues
- Games will be Saturday mornings ending in the early afternoon
- Setup/take down and clean-up of field after each game day.
- Assisting with all other related duties as assigned.
- Applicants must be at least 14 years of age.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have good oral communication abilities
- Good public relation skills and customer service skills.
- Ability to work with all ages of youth and adults.
- Have the physical ability to be an Assistant Referee (running and flag direction)
- Ability to follow basic safety precautions and procedures.
- Ability to make sound decisions in sometimes stressful environments.
- Referees must have general knowledge of soccer skills and willing to learn positioning and whistles as well. Prior referee experience preferred but not required.
- Moderate physical activity. Ability to lift 15 to 50 pounds
- Position requires walking, standing, lifting and other physical activity.
- MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK SATURDAY MORNINGS DURING THE SEASON