The PG Fall Soccer League games begin in August and go into the fall of 2021. The Fall Soccer Supervisor/Center Referee is needed to organize and carry-out the responsibilities of the scheduled games. Not only will the Supervisor oversee the set-up and clean-up of all league games but will be responsible to Center Referee (responsible for the running of the game). Hours will be under 20 hours per week (possible 6-9 hours on weekday nights; Tuesday, Wed. and Thursday and up to 8 hours on Saturdays). Soccer Supervisor/ Center Referee should possess a competent knowledge of soccer rules, have the skills needed in communicating effectively with coaches, players, referees, and spectators and able to be successful in carrying out the physical requirement of a Center Referee. This position would also require a hands-on training session to train the Assistant Referees. This position will be at the Manila Soccer Field in PG for 5th-9th Grade Leagues.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Working under direct supervision of the Program Coordinator
- Attending all scheduled games and arrive 30 minutes prior to game time and able to stay 30 minutes post-game when necessary.
- Ability to work well with youth and adults.
- Needed transportation to and from the field for games is required.
- Soccer League Supervisor/Center Referee position is for 5/6th grade and 7-9th grade boys' and girls' leagues. All games will be held at the PG Manila Soccer Field
- Able to Center Referee
- Games for Spring Soccer will be Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights and Saturday mornings ending in the early afternoon. Regular season games plus tournament play.
- Setup/take down and clean-up of field after each game day.
- Able to organize staff scheduling and responsible for time-cards.
- Assisting with all other related duties as assigned.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- High school diploma or equivalent
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have good oral communication abilities
- Good public relation skills and customer service skills.
- Ability to work with all ages of youth and adults.
- Have the physical ability to Center Referee
- Able to organize work schedules for staff and responsible for time cards
- Ability to follow basic safety precautions and procedures.
- Ability to make sound decisions in sometimes stressful environments.
- Soccer Supervisor/Center Referee must have a solid knowledge of the rules and game-play of Soccer.
- Moderate physical activity. Ability to lift 15 to 50 pounds
- Position requires walking, running standing, lifting and other physical activity.
- Working mid-week evening games and Saturday morning games