The Cemetery Summer Help serves under the direction of the Cemetery Sexton. This position assists current staff in their regular duties and responsibilities pertaining to maintenance of the cemetery and related cemetery grounds and amenities.
- Must be at least 17 years old
- Some related experience in grounds maintenance preferred
- Ability to communicate to employees oral and written instructions.
- Ability to operate and maintain equipment such as trucks, mowers, tractors, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, stoop, talk, and hear.
- Working conditions may vary.
- No significantly hazardous conditions exist.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, bend, stoop, talk, hear, walk, use hands to operate, finger, handle or feel objects, or controls, and reach with hands and arms, and lift 25 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is required to perform tasks in the field on a daily basis; exposure to the hot sun and outdoor elements will occur.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff and termination decisions. Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed in an attempt to illustrate essential functions and basic duties, in addition to 'peripheral tasks' or that could generally be considered "other duties as assigned". In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Requirements, skills and abilities included have been determined to illustrate the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions.
In accordance with Americans with Disabilities Act, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions & duties as described.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of Pleasant Grove City.