Reports to: Gymnastics Coordinator
Gymnastics Instructor - The Gymnastics Instructor works under the general supervision of the Gymnastics Coordinator and the Recreation Director. Weekly hours are part time, year round not exceeding 29 hours per week. Gymnastics Instructors work Mondays and Wednesdays from 2:30-6:30pm. Typical hours vary depending on the Alpine School District school calendar. Duties include: Equipment set up and take down, lesson planning, demonstration of gymnastics skills, safe spotting techniques, keeping participants safe and students together. Strong communication skills and the ability to work with young children. Ideal candidate must connect well with children and have a background doing gymnastics.
Open until filled.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Set up and take down gymnastics equipment
- Write and execute fun, safe lesson plans
- Safely demonstrate and spot participants on gymnastics skills
- Attend in-service trainings
- Keep children together and focused on practicing skills
- Must be 14 years old
- Previous gymnastics experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Moderate physical activity. Ability to lift 25 to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in adverse conditions, walking and standing for several hours at a time. Lifting and other physical activity is also involved.
- Ability to follow basic safety precautions and procedures in relation to staff and general public. Including spotting participants.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public and other employees.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a sometimes stressful environment.
- Ability to operate equipment and tools required.
- Flexible work hours required and serving in an on call status is required for this position. Must be willing to work some holidays.