Part-time, non-benefitted, non-exempt
Maintenance Supervisor serves at the pleasure of the Aquatics Manager and the Assistant Aquatics Manager. This position assists in the hiring and training of maintenance staff as well as ensuring that the facility is maintained. In addition to managerial duties this position may require the applicant to oversee the morning maintenance and custodial duties. Weekly hours are part-time, seasonal (mid-April to September) not to exceed 40 hours per week. Weekly hours may vary depending on department needs and programming.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
Duties can include any of the following:
Assists the Aquatics Manager and Assistant Aquatics Manager in the recruitment, training, scheduling, certification, and performance of employee. Assist in tracking mandatory maintenance requirements and provide reports when needed.
- Assists in developing and conducting on-going training for all maintenance staff.
- Assists in the maintenance of the pools, to include chemistry, cleanliness and related maintenance in compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations, policies and guidelines for the operation of a public swimming pool (training will be provided)
- Ensure equipment upkeep to make certain clean, efficient and safe operation of pools occur.
- May prepare and track statistical and chemical control reports on a daily basis.
- Assist in preparation for special activities and events.
Supervise assigned aquatics staff as directed by Aquatics Manager and the Assistant Aquatics Manager.
- Adequately train staff as needed
- Recruit and train volunteers as needed for programs
- Motivates staff members
- Assists in staff evaluations and stressful situations at any time
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
- LGT preferred but not required
- First Aid/CPR certified, or ability to receive certification before season begins
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to make sound decisions in a stressful aquatics environment. Some medium lifting involved.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
- Moderate physical activity. Requires standing and/or walking for more than 4 hours per day.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which requires following basic safety precautions and procedures.
- Good communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Good public relations and customer service skills under sometime stressful situations
- Ability to understand written and spoken instructions
- Ability to lift 15 to 50 pounds
- Ability to operate computers and related software programs and various office machines
1 year experience working with pool chemical adjustments and pump room operations a plus, but not required
This position is expected to supervise, oversee and monitor all areas of the aquatics division, in all weather conditions. They will be expected to lift, carry and manage equipment and supplies and participate in and train others. They may have to work odd or long hours at a time to complete special requests or projects and participate in or coordinate evening and off-hour activities. Hours may include weekends and some holidays. Hours may vary as season and activities dictate. This position may also at times participate in and lead strenuous physical activities.
**Note that most PGVMP applications will be reviewed in March 2021