Supervises: Gymnastics Instructors
Gymnastics Coordinator - The City of Pleasant Grove, Utah is looking for a Recreation Gymnastics Coordinator to provide support to the Recreation Department. Position is classified as non-exempt part time employee. Hourly requirements are year-round, part time not to exceed 29 hours per week. Schedule is generally Mondays and Wednesdays from 2:30pm to 6:00pm. See the complete job description and obtain application prior to interview by calling or by visiting the Pleasant Grove Recreation Center, 547 S. Locust Ave. 801-785-6172 or online at rec.plgrove.org Open until filled. Questions contact Tyler Wilkins at (801) 785-6172.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
As Recreation Gymnastics Coordinator, this position will be responsible to:
- Ability to teach staff and the participants proper gymnastics and tumbling techniques.
- Be able to keep track of and maintain equipment to stay in good repair and order equipment as needed to ensure a safe gymnastic environment.
- Establish and function within approved budget
- Keep accurate records and information in relationship to purchasing procedures and programming
- Be able to train new instructors/coaches to perform duties as expected during classes, including setting up/taking down equipment.
- Maintain proper procedure for all forms including registrations, rosters, daily reports, incident reports and program evaluations.
- Effectively communicate with staff and patrons in order to successfully run programs and resolve issues and problems in a timely manner.
- Train, evaluate and motivate staff as needed
- Publicize programs in relationship to social media and flyers.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current Utah Driver's License
- Working knowledge of computers and related software programs
- Working knowledge of basic first aid and safety measures.
- CPR/AED/First Aid certification
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Moderate physical activity. Ability to lift 25 to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions, walking and standing for several hours at a time. Lifting and other physical activity is also involved.
- Ability to follow basic safety precautions and procedures in relation to staff and general public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, subordinates, and other employees.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a sometimes stressful environment.
- Ability to operate equipment and tools required.
- Flexible work hours required and serving in an on call status is required for this position. Must be willing to work some holidays.
- 3 years personal experience with gymnastic classes
- 2 years coaching experience teaching gymnastics for ages 3-15