Reports to: Program Coordinator
Contact info: Brett Waters, email@example.com
The Futsal League begins Mid-March for training. League games are Saturdays in April and May starting after Spring Break. Futsal referees must have a general knowledge of soccer skills and willing to learn Futsal rules. This Futsal league is an introduction to soccer skills on an indoor court. The direction is to encourage solid ball control in a more limited boundary. Ball placement, shots, passing and response time will be done quicker than outdoor soccer in order to be successful in moving the ball around and down the court.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Working under direct supervision of the Futsal Supervisor
- Attending all scheduled games and arrive 30 minutes prior to game time.
- Ability to work well with youth and adults.
- Able to referee 4and 5yr olds, 1st and 2nd grade, 3rd and 4th grade co-ed games
- Assisting with coaches meetings and any necessary league preparation.
- Assisting with all other related duties as assigned.
- Saturday morning hours in April and May
- Set-up/take down and clean-up of facilities after each game day.
Assisting with all other related duties as assigned.
- Applicants must be at least 14 years of age.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have good oral communication abilities
- Good public relation skills and customer service skills.
- Ability to work with all ages of youth and adults.
- Have the physical ability to referee games
- Ability to follow basic safety precautions and procedures.
- Ability to make sound decisions in sometimes stressful environments.
- Referees must have general knowledge of soccer skills and futsal rules. Prior referee experience preferred but not required.