Part-time, non-benefitted, non-exempt
The Front Desk Supervisor serves at the pleasure of the Aquatics Manager, under their general supervision. Weekly hours are seasonal part-time not to exceed 40 hours per week. Weekly hours may vary nights, weekends and holidays. Front Desk Supervisor assists in the training and hiring of all front desk staff. Will perform all duties as the Front Desk Receptionist in addition to scheduling and managing Front Desk Receptionists. Excellent Customer Service is a necessity with this position.
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
As Front Desk Supervisor, this position will be responsible to:
- Greet all patrons as they enter the Pleasant Grove Veterans Memorial Pool.
- Creating staff schedule for all Front Desk Staff
- Handling of any Front Desk related issues
- Provide general information on aquatics activities, programs, and facilities.
- Answer incoming calls and transfer to proper staff when necessary.
- Take registrations for aquatics programs and receipt and receive monies.
- Fill out daily cash reports and balance cash receipts when needed.
- Supervise Veterans Memorial Pool by accomplishing the following:
- Check and clean restrooms and other areas of building.
- Check other areas of the building on a regular basis, cleaning when necessary.
- Provide assistance to patrons as needed.
- Prevent problems and resolve issues as they arise.
- Plan staff training, and preseason meetings
- Communicate with other staff in order to successfully resolve issues and problems in a timely manner.
- Implements all other assigned duties
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicants must have at least one season of experience with PGVMP and familiarity with our registration software
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to operate cash register and basic computer skills.
- Must have good oral and written communication abilities
- Good public relation skills, phone skills, and quality customer service skills.
- Ability to work with all ages of children and adults.
- Moderate physical activity. Ability to lift 15 to 50 pounds.
- Ability to follow basic safety precautions and procedures in relation to staff and general public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, subordinates, and other employees.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a sometime stressful environment.
- Ability to operate equipment and tools required.
- Flexible work hours required including evenings, early mornings, Saturdays and some holidays.
Experience working in an office setting in a recreation or community center setting preferred but not necessary.
**Note that most PGVMP applications will be reviewed in March 2021