Under general supervision of the Day Care Coordinator perform all necessary work pertaining to the supervision of children/youth in an hourly day care facility at the Pleasant Grove Recreation Center day care program, assist with the record keeping and perform duties necessary for the overall care and well being of the children/youth using the facility. Open until filled. Contact Audrey Christiansen with any questions. (801) 785-6172
FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Supervise and positively interact with children/youth
- Engage in and supervise age appropriate play activities with children/youth
- Conduct oneself as a "role model" for children/youth; give children/youth positive reinforcement as appropriate
- Provide first aid treatment as necessary
- Maintain complete and accurate daily records and report suspected child abuse/neglect as mandated by law
- Implement behavior modification techniques as instructed
- Attend staff meetings and/or training as required
- Maintain the order, safety, cleanliness of the facility
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduation from a High School or equivalent.
- Current Drivers License
- Working knowledge of basic first aid and safety measures.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work with all ages of children and adults.
- Moderate physical activity. Ability to lift 15 to 50 pounds.
- Work may require walking and standing for several hours at a time. Lifting and other physical activity is also involved.
- Ability to follow basic safety precautions and procedures in relation to staff and general public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, subordinated, and other employees.
- Ability to make sound decisions in a sometime stressful environment.
- Flexible work hours required including Saturdays and some holidays.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff and termination decisions. Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed in an attempt to illustrate essential functions and basic duties, in addition to 'peripheral tasks' or that could generally be considered "other duties as assigned". In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. Requirements, skills and abilities included have been determined to illustrate the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions.
In accordance with Americans with Disabilities Act, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions & duties as described.