Located in sunny Southern Utah, Planstin is quickly becoming a leader in administering benefits and providing related business services. As health insurance continues to become more complex and costly, Planstin has made a significant impact in the healthcare industry by keeping costs low and providing exceptional service to employers and individuals alike. It is no wonder Planstin is a such a fast-growing company as many are turning to Planstin for our unique solutions.
If you are looking for amazing opportunities and have a desire to grow your career, Planstin may be the place for you. We have remarkable employees, offer a generous benefits package, and foster a culture of development, innovation and integrity.
We are looking for a software development manager that can lead a team of developers to delight the customer by solving problems with technology. This person would be a manager first but would also have a strong development background working in an agile environment. This person would develop and coach the team to promote diverse thinking, problem solving and autonomy.
A day on the job may include:
- Effectively manage and mentor a team of software developers
- Identify team weaknesses and build competencies
- Hire and train new employees
- Collaborate effectively with all team members and hold regular team meetings
- Partner with the product owner to discuss implementation tradeoffs
- Constantly strive to improve the product quality and align with customer needs.
- Create an open and transparent development process for leadership to observe progress
- Learn and display how products would add value to respective clients
- Facilitate and coach technical planning with the team
- Document and implement standards, processes and designs
- Design and improve application architecture
- Be willing to code to demonstrate/coach when needed
This job may be for you if you can:
- Sit or stand for up to 8 hours a day
- Be able to stare at a screen for up to 8 hours a day
- Endure various types of humor
This job may be for you if you have:
- 7 + years in software development
- 3+ years in a leadership role
- 2+ years in leading an agile team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.