- Butte, MT, USA
- per hour DOE
- Full Time
Health Insurance, ESOP, 401K, Paid Time off
Job Status: Full-time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: IT Manager
Work Schedule: Monday thru Friday
Amount of Travel Required: up to 50%
Positions Supervised: TBD
Pioneer is looking for an experienced Senior Developer in our Butte, Montana office to be responsible for building and expanding a new software and application development program in our Information Technology department. The position would help hire and oversee junior and entry-level developers for projects and support various development duties as necessary. The responsibilities of this senior developer position include writing and testing code, analyzing data, and contributing to the design and implementation of software. It would include the ability and responsibility to develop project proposals and assist other employees in proposal development. These proposals cover estimating development hours, project scopes and budgets, and timeframe for projects within the purview of the IT Department.
To be successful as a senior developer, you should demonstrate great creativity and innovation skills, the ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment, and excellent communication skills. Ultimately, a top-notch senior developer should have extensive experience in software development, be able to keep up to date with deadlines, and have strong analytical skills.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Project Management, Coordination, and Development.
- Performing coding assignments.
- Reviewingand testing code work for accuracy and functionality.
- Creating and implementing design plans.
- Analyzing code segments regularly.
- Delegating tasks to team members.
- Keeping up to date with industry trends and technology developments.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in information technology, computer science or related field.
Experience: Minimum 7-15 years of experience in coding and development. 5-10 years of project management and development experience.
Skills and abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of software development and its technologies,
- Full-stack development experience and understand software engineering concepts, preferred.
- Experience in Python, R, and other programming languages is preferred.
- Experience in Microsoft 365, Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and AWS is preferred.
- Solid experience in coding.
- Strong knowledge of user interfaces.
- Strong understanding of HTML and web frameworks.
- Good communication skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Communication - Exceptional communication, negotiation, and presentation skills, both written and verbal, in order to express technical and nontechnical concepts clearly and concisely.
- Team Player - possess the ability to work in a team environment.
- Accuracy- ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Detail Oriented- ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Self-Motivated - ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one's ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Ambition - ability to strive for continuous improvement and inspire others towards continued improvement.
The company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the company may deem appropriate.