- 12-Oct-2021 to 11-Dec-2021 (EST)
- Jacksonville Airport
- Jacksonville, FL, USA
- Full Time
Fetch-playing, dog-walking, cat-sitting, that-spot-behind-the-ear-scratching pet people. And when it comes to pet care, no one cares more than we do. Where "all in a day's work" means "all in a day's play" with playtime pool sessions, relaxation, and making furry new friends. This is Pet Paradise.
Searching for a work environment and employment perks that both you and your pet will enjoy? You have landed in Paradise. At Pet Paradise, your furry best friend will enjoy complimentary Dog Day Camp and complimentary Pet Boarding (up to thirty non-holidays per year). Your pet will feel like a VIP with discounts on Veterinary Care including vaccinations, Hill's Science Diet, veterinary products, and Wellness Plans at our locations with clinics. Don't want to wait two weeks for payday? We offer on-demand pay with DailyPay. We also offer Pet Adoption Assistance, quarterly Fitness Reimbursement, Paid Time Off (PTO), and Paid Holidays for both part-time and full-time employees. All employees are eligible for a Performance Bonus every Quarter. Our full-time employees are eligible for medical benefits and a 401(k) Retirement Plan. Finally, we have a robust internal leadership development program (Unleashed Leadership Academy) with graduations several times a year if you want to make working with pets a career.
ABOUT PET PARADISE
Headquartered in Jacksonville, FL, Pet Paradise's full-service pet care destination is dedicated to giving pet parents access to all the premium care they need to give their furry family member the happiest, healthiest, longest life possible. The Pet Paradise brand has grown to offer resort-style pet day camp and care, professional pet grooming, low-stress and high-quality veterinary care, and of course, overnight boarding that feels like home, all under one roof. Located in nine states with more than 50 locations in operation or under development, Pet Paradise continues to expand in the United States. For more information about Pet Paradise visit petparadise.com
The Assistant Manager is responsible for aiding in the direction of the daily operations, programs, and staff by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. The Assistant Manager will support the Resort Manager in all facets directly executed with natural leadership abilities. Execution, punctuality, and initiative is driven in the workplace by the Assistant Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Oversees the daily operation of the Resort; managing operations to provide and maintain standards of conduct, cleanliness, and safety.
2. Delivers customer service by performing the functions of the Front Desk Associate as necessary.
3. Manages, supervises, trains, and coaches Resort staff based on company standards and training guidelines.
4. Responsible for assisting new & existing team members in completing their required LMS courses and training guide
5. Prepares work schedules, bank deposits, administrative reports, and human resources paperwork.
6. Maintains positive outlook and takes initiative in crisis. The Assistant Manager is able motivate and lift the team.
7. Performs staff duties as necessary to maintain Resort operations.
8. Orders supplies as authorized by the Resort Manager.
9. Must be available to work holidays and weekends as these are the busiest times for Pet Paradise.
Perks & Benefits
- Complimentary Pet Day Camp - Bring your dog with you to work!
- 30 Days of Complimentary Pet Boarding (non-holidays)
- On-demand pay with DailyPay
- Discounted Veterinary Care and Grooming Services (per location)
- Dog/Cat Adoption Assistance
- Fitness Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off (both full-time and part-time status)
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance (full-time status)
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Manages one to three subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of 10-15 employees including the Resort Supervisors, Front Desk Associates/Resort Associates and Bathers/Groomers. Responsible for the overall management, direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Also, directly supervises 10-20 non-supervisory employees. Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The work environment at Pet Paradise is fast-paced and the noise level is usually loud. The safety of our team members and pets is a high priority. As a FLP participant, you may be exposed to animals that are agitated and/or injured. Animals may scratch and/or bite. Due to our unique work environment, you may work in outdoor weather conditions or high, precarious places. You may be exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. A team list may be required for heavier items. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.