Program Manager, Product Development
Overview: We design and build the best fitting, best performing, and most beautiful wheelchairs on the planet, and we couldn't do it without the very best team. We are in search of a Program Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will have a strong professional background and demonstrate teamwork, drive, excellent oral and written communication skills, and a commitment to excellence, learning, and growth. Permobil is a drug-free workplace. The successful candidate must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Position Purpose: Building independence one chair at a time.
Location: Pasco, WA or Lebanon, TN
Reports To: VP Manual Wheelchair Development
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for managing portfolio of Manual Wheelchair (MWC) product development projects from initiation through product launch. Coordinates cross-functional New Product Development (NPD) project teams to ensure deliverables and timeline commitments are met. Communicates progress and results to stakeholders throughout the organization. Uses applicable product development processes and systems.
- Defines and manages project plans to accomplish product and project requirements. Includes detailed schedules, budgets, resource plans, risks, milestones, deliverables, and dependencies. Creates and manages risk-based contingency plans. Demonstrates detailed understanding of product features and tailors project plans around product requirements.
- Drives project execution by coordinating cross-functional project teams including product management, supply chain, engineering, quality, operations, marketing, and finance. Aggressively monitors critical path activities, follows up with team members, and escalates requests for support when needed. Plans and leads team meetings, including preparatory agendas and action list follow-up.
- Manages projects according to gated product development process and presents gate reviews and project KPIs to leadership teams. Provides regular communication to stakeholder groups.
- Uses PDM / PLM and Quality Management Systems to document project progress and track associated deliverables. Creates and manages documentation pursuant to ISO 13485 and FDA QSR. Manages project and product changes according to change control systems and processes.
- Understands the impact of project decisions on product and project KPIs, stakeholder groups, and business performance targets.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Needed
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Management, Engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in project management, preferably as part of a product development team. Experience in manufacturing, automotive, and/or medical device industries preferred.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office and Visio. Familiar with other project planning and tracking software.
- Outstanding time management and problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple deliverables at a time.
- Ability to self-start.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external customers.
- Strong communication skills.
- Desire to work in a fast pace and changing environment.
- PMP certification preferred.
- Combination of professional office setting and manufacturing plant; exposure to elements such as noise, dust, cold, heat, and/or odor.
- Work and move throughout manufacturing plant for extended periods of time; work at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Bend, kneel, climb, reach, twist, squat, and grasp.
- Wear required personal protective equipment as needed.
Permobil is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to age, disability, race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, creed, veteran or military status, or other protected status. If you need accommodation in the application process, please contact Permobil Human Resources at 509.416.4299.