- 20-Apr-2021 to 01-Jul-2021 (PST)
- Huntsville, AL, USA
- Full Time
PeopleTec is currently seeking a Senior Propulsion Engineer to support our Huntsville, AL location.
The candidate will serve as a senior engineer support contractor for the T901 Improved Turbine Engine Program (ITEP) on the Engine Development team within the Aviation Turbine Engine Project Office's ITEP Product Office.
- Assist in identification, assessment, and monitoring of technical maturity of critical technology elements (CTEs) and NonCTE watch items in support of T901 ITE
- Provide senior level review and approval of all Technology Readiness Assessments (TRA), Technical Performance Measurements (TPM), technical reviews, and other technology-related assessments and reviews
- Provide senior level review of all ITEP technical efforts to include contractor proposals and contract data requirements list (CDRL) deliverables with emphasis on engine and engine controls test plans, procedures, and reports
- Supports the coordination, development, review, and approval of verification planning related to the development and testing of the ITE engine and engine controls system
- Provide status to IPT and program leadership
- Support ITE contract technical, cost, and schedule requirements, and IAW ATE Technical Division best practices
- Collaborate with engine Prime Contractors' program and technical leads and other personnel to ensure the contract technical work tasks are identified, defined, scheduled, resourced, and executed
- Coordinate technical positions with Government airworthiness and test evaluation organizations to define and measure the program path to secure airworthiness qualification and safety confirmation of changed and new configurations
- Support Engine Controls tech lead to manage prime contractor performance to meet technical requirements, develop program plans and cost/budget and schedule estimates
- Spearhead the standup and management of the Government's T901 engine control dry rig and S3I Independent Verification & Validation (IV&V) effort
- Support the ITE Systems Engineering, Propulsion, Controls and Software, Integration, and T&E IPTs/WGs
- Comprehensive experience with DoD turboshaft engine development programs
- Comprehensive experience with engine control integration
- Comprehensive experience with Systems Integration Lab (SIL), dry rig testing
- Comprehensive knowledge of gas turbine, turboshaft engine operations and engine control systems
- Ability to manage development and engineering projects, work effectively with others and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct the work of teams or task forces conducting comprehensive trade studies, technical projects, and problem resolution
- Travel: Up to 25%
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- An active DoD Secret clearance is required to perform this work. Candidates are required to have an active Secret clearance upon hire, and the ability to maintain this level of clearance during their employment.
Masters Degree and 10 years of relevant experience or a Bachelor's Degree and 18 years of relevant experience
People First. Technology Always.
PeopleTec, Inc. is an employee-owned small business founded in Huntsville, AL that provides exceptional customer support by employing and retaining a highly skilled workforce.
Culture: The name "PeopleTec" was deliberately chosen to remind us of our core value system - our people. Our company's foundation was built on placing our employees and customers first. With an award-winning atmosphere, we have matured into a company that boasts the best and brightest across multiple technical fields.
Career: At PeopleTec, we value your long-term goals. Whether it's through our continuing-education opportunities, our robust training programs, or our "People First" benefits package, PeopleTec truly believes that our best investments are our people.
Come Experience It.
PeopleTec, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following email address, HR@peopletec.com and/or phone number (256.319.3800) to contact us about your interest in employment with PeopleTec, Inc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. PeopleTec, Inc. participates in E-Verify.