- 14-Apr-2021 to 01-Jun-2021 (PST)
- Huntsville, AL, USA
- Full Time
- Evaluate and assess software architecture and design against open architecture and autonomous systems objectives and requirements
- Evaluate the applicability and effectiveness of a set of integrated artificial intelligence-enabled subsystems against mission goals when integrated into a distributed, multi-agent computing environment
- Support the design of custom software modules and components to bridge capability and performance gaps
- Optimize autonomy algorithms for a variety of conditions and environments
- Maintain regular communications with the program technical lead, various cross-domain engineering teams, and industry solution providers to establish strong working relationships and facilitate an agile approach to evolving customer needs
- Inspect and provide support to integrate industry and Government developed software solutions into modeling and simulation environments
- Perform routine systems and software modeling, simulation, and analysis
- Participate with multidisciplinary engineering teams to provide hands-on support for client-directed on-site and off-site integration and testing needs both at the client locations and other various test locations within the continental United States
- Evaluate the application of open systems aligned frameworks and tools such as the Vehicular Integration for C4ISR/EW Interoperability (VICTORY), Future Airborne Capabilities Environment (FACE), Hardware Open Systems Technologies (HOST), and Sensors Open Systems Architecture (SOSA)
- Evaluate the application of autonomy software frameworks, interoperability profiles, middleware, and tools such as the Robot Operating System Military (ROS-M) ecosystem, the Robotic Technology Kernel (RTK) software library, the UAS Interoperability Profile (IOP), STANAG 4586, Unmanned Systems Control Segment (UCS), the Joint Architecture for Unmanned Systems (JAUS) open architecture, the UGV Interoperability Profile (IOP) extension to JAUS, the Autonomous Ground Vehicle Reference Architecture (AGVRA), and others as applicable
- Collaborate with other Government offices, industry, and engineering teams to evaluate methods to improve air vehicle autonomy behaviors using the Government managed and/or Industry autonomy software frameworks.
- Develop test and demonstration plans to exercise and improve air vehicle autonomy and collaborative teaming algorithms
- Work with the engineering and operations team members to plan, analyze, and integrate current and emerging operational, system, sensor, and other subsystem capabilities to achieve desired warfighting mission effects in an end-to-end system.
- Deploy autonomy software principles to support the prototyping, integration, and evaluation of complex computing systems operating on a heterogeneous team of manned and unmanned aviation platforms
- Assist with translating test and demonstration observations and records of measurable results from integration, test, and demonstration events
- Reduce and consolidate collected autonomy test result data into well-organized and structured formats for presentation to management and transference to the engineering team for further analysis and interpretation
- Assist in evaluating and determining user needs for the maintenance of models, software, and subsystems
- Interface with the leadership, other engineers within the team, other Government research laboratories, as well as industry vendors, including large defense contractors and smaller research-focused commercial entities.
- Travel: 15%
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- An active DoD Secret clearance is required to perform this work. Candidates are required to have an active Secret clearance upon hire and the ability to maintain this level of clearance during their employment.
Bachelor's Degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics with 10+ years engineering experience in the development of software-intensive complex systems with a demonstrated expertise in aviation, systems integration, and autonomous systems
- Understanding of cybersecurity as it applies to defense systems.
People First. Technology Always.
PeopleTec, Inc. is an employee-owned small business founded in Huntsville, AL, that provides exceptional customer support by employing and retaining a highly-skilled workforce.
Culture: The name "PeopleTec" was deliberately chosen to remind us of our core value system - our people. Our company's foundation was built on placing our employees and customers first. With an award-winning atmosphere, we have matured into a company that boasts the best and brightest across multiple technical fields.
Career: At PeopleTec, we value your long-term goals. Whether it's through our continuing education opportunities, our robust training programs, or our "People First" benefits package, PeopleTec truly believes that our best investments are our people.
Come Experience It.
PeopleTec, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following email address, HR@peopletec.com and/or phone number (256.319.3800) to contact us about your interest in employment with PeopleTec, Inc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. PeopleTec, Inc. participates in E-Verify.