- 03-Mar-2021 to 02-Jun-2021 (PST)
- Huntsville, AL, USA
- Full Time
PeopleTec is currently seeking a Model Based Systems Engineer to support our Huntsville, AL location.
The candidate will utilize Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) tools in support of development of open architectures for aviation systems. The employee will also evaluate existing system architectures, and open standards, decompose the system into functional blocks, and perform Model Based Systems Engineering to dictate the development of an open architecture sensor system.
- Develop and maintain SysML/UML models of Aviation Platform to include major systems and subsystems, software, digital architecture, and airworthiness requirements and specifications
- Integrate models into system functional models
- Support the development and facilitation as an architect using the systems engineering processes to include requirements management, configuration management, data management, risk management, etc.
- Lead the development of Milestone documentation and lead the development of the Systems Engineering Plan (SEP), Program Protection Plan, Systems Specification, Performance Work Statement, and/or Statement of Work (SOW), and Source Selection Plan (SSP)
- Support the development of Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF) Products, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), and Capability Development Requirements (CDD)
- Develop and maintain system of interest functional and logical models
- Develop integration and training requirements for expansion of model-based systems engineering utilization in Army Aviation Participate in system requirements reviews and creating and/or updating requirement specifications and qualification models
- Serve as SysML/UML modeling SME
- Understanding of system interface requirements and requirements management through SysML models
- Experience with systems engineering processes in support of Aviation system life cycle development
- Basic knowledge of architecture, requirements engineering, CONOPS development, verification, test, and system integration to accommodate End to End Systems Engineering
- Systems Engineering Experience on a complex acquisition program
- Experience working Army Aviation Development Programs
- Experience developing a system performance specification
- Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), DODI 5000.02, and OSD SE policies and guidance
- Travel: 25%
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- An active DoD Secret clearance is required to perform this work. Candidates are required to have an active Secret clearance upon hire, and the ability to maintain this level of clearance during their employment.
Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline is required. 3 -10+ years of experience with various SysML modeling tools - Cameo Magic Draw (preferred), Rhapsody, etc. is also required.
- Master's Degree in an Engineering discipline
- Thorough understanding and experience with Cameo Magic Draw
- Experience with the FACE technical standard
- Experience with Open System Architecture (OSA) principles for software architectures
People First. Technology Always.
PeopleTec, Inc. is an employee-owned small business founded in Huntsville, AL that provides exceptional customer support by employing and retaining a highly skilled workforce.
Culture: The name "PeopleTec" was deliberately chosen to remind us of our core value system - our people. Our company's foundation was built on placing our employees and customers first. With an award-winning atmosphere, we have matured into a company that boasts the best and brightest across multiple technical fields.
Career: At PeopleTec, we value your long-term goals. Whether it's through our continuing-education opportunities, our robust training programs, or our "People First" benefits package, PeopleTec truly believes that our best investments are our people.
Come Experience It.
PeopleTec, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following email address, HR@peopletec.com and/or phone number (256.319.3800) to contact us about your interest in employment with PeopleTec, Inc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. PeopleTec, Inc. participates in E-Verify.