- Royse City, TX, USA
- Base + Commission
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401(k), Holidays and more.
Responsible for the life cycle selling/renewal of Peoples services to new and existing commercial accounts. Researches and determines likely customers for equipment and services. Responds to inquiries. Informs and educates potential customers of services available. Follows up on installations and alterations to ensure customer satisfaction. The Account Manager will work closely with all departments to ensure that our commercial customers receive superior support and proactive account service. This individual will often be the first point of contact for operational issues.
Essential Job Functions:
- Sells business telecommunications solutions and telecommunications equipment by identifying, researching and contacting potential customers.
- Updates and maintains Salesforce as required.
- Prepares necessary contract documents for new and existing customers as required per service offering.
- Confirms all documents are complete and accurate before submitting to Sales Assistant for a service order.
- Responds to product and service inquiries. Informs and educates potential customers of available products and services.
- Follows up with customers following installations and alterations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- May assist with general marketing activities.
- Consults with existing customers to ensure account retention throughout contract term.
- Identifies additional sales opportunities with the existing customer base and schedules necessary product demonstrations.
- Tracks and maintains contract renewals and takes necessary action to achieve a favorable outcome.
- Reviews existing customer accounts and creates sales projections/forecasts based on each company's current and expanding business needs.
- Prepares correspondence, presentations, data summary and reports for sales appointments, special projects, meetings and events.
- Prepares for and contributes to departmental strategic planning meetings.
- Provides status updates, prospect lists, strategic plans, sales forecasts, account history, operational performance reports and outage remediation reports during weekly sales meetings as requested.
- Informs management of any opportunities, competitor issues, or other factors affecting the territory with recommendations for improvements/changes.
- Provides back up to all functions within the Commercial Sales organization.
- Assists with the coordination of various organizational and industry events.
- Monitors customer outages and expedites repair or remediation. Provides reports on outages and resolutions. Reports any developing trends.
- Interacts with customers on billing questions and issues. Works in conjunction with the commercial sales team on credits or questions when necessary. Recommends refunds or credits to management.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management *
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of telecommunications technology, products and services.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of company products and services.
- Knowledge of marketing and sales practices and principles.
- Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, various software programs and telephone systems.
- Skill in identifying and resolving subscriber problems.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in persuasion techniques.
- Skill in negotiating.
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
- Reach or exceed established sales goals while working in a fast-paced, competitive, close proximity environment.
- Show initiative with regards to professional growth and development including continued education through the use of industry information and research, and professional networking via phone and in-person encounters.
- Travel up to 50% for business purposes.
Education and Experience:
Two (2) years of Sales/ Major Account experience required and/or college degree in related field preferred.