- Quitman, TX, USA
- Full Time
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Holidays and more.
Installs, maintains and services customer's home or business location. Typically installs drop wires, station protectors and network interface devices and performs initial wiring and rewiring for new subscriber systems. May install and maintain broadband communications equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Installs new service and equipment for subscribers by installing drop wires, station protections and network interface devices. Wires new systems using appropriate tools.
- Maintains, troubleshoots and repairs existing outside plant by using test equipment to locate line trouble. Determines necessary repairs which may include repairing wiring, station protectors, ground connections, running new wires and replacing jacks, lids and pedestals as needed from the Central Office MDF to the customer location.
- Completes all installation and repair related forms and reports.
- May confer with customers to further determine problems and acceptable resolutions. Discusses POTS, DSL or other service needs with the Customer and makes appropriate recommendations.
- May install and maintain other unregulated equipment.
- May install and maintain equipment for diversified telco services including broadband communications, video, alarms, fiber optic facilities, etc.
- Maintains copper loop facilities.
- Maintains all company-issued equipment to ensure proper working order.
- Maintains material inventory on work vehicle.
- Locates cable as needed on a 24/7 basis.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.*
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic electronics, specification sheets and circuit diagrams.
- Knowledge of telecommunications plant equipment operations and maintenance.
- Knowledge of local exchange distribution network facilities.
- Knowledge of RUS practices and standards.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of company products and services.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Skill in operating service equipment including various hand tools and testing equipment.
- Ability to operate vehicle in a safe and responsible manner.
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Ability to identify and distinguish various tones/levels.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as maps, staking sheets and operating and maintenance instruction manuals.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to evaluate, test and repair sophisticated equipment.
- Ability to improve or redesign procedures for specific installation/repair problems.
- Ability to work independently and make sound technical decisions using information at hand.
- Ability to be on call 24/7.
- Ability to effectively function as a team player.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent plus two (2) years of telecommunications training or equivalent work experience required. Two (2) years of experience in installation and maintenance of telecommunications equipment preferred.