Mortgage Loan Originator
At People Driven Credit Union, we build strong relationships with our members and community with the goal to strengthen the financial well-being of those we serve. Our members have been at the core of who we are for over 90 years. We are people driven where people matter most!
Why have a Career at People Driven Credit Union?
Work Life Balance
Employer paid medical, dental and vision for the employee and low cost to add family members
PDCU offers a generous 40lK program
Excellent paid time off including holidays, vacation and PTO.
Because at PDCU... People Matter Most!
To learn more about PDCU go to our website at https://www.peopledrivencu.org
What are the roles and responsibilities of the Mortgage Loan Originator?
- Target assigned markets to gain business for the credit union.
- Educate and advise borrowers on mortgage loan options and other financial products.
- Provide excellent customer service from approval through closing. Works closely with processors to obtain and verify all information required for underwriting.
- Prepare and ensure that all regulatory disclosures are compliant with RESPA and TRID.
- Responsible for maintaining thorough working knowledge of available loan products, processing procedures, and underwriting guidelines.
- Manage mortgage production pipeline to ensure department and individual goals are met.
- Develop and maintain an external sales plan to generate new business opportunities.
- Develop long term relationships with local realtors, builders, and other community partners to gain leads and opportunities.
- Responsible for participating in Realtor and Builder associations to develop relationships within the community.
- Responsible for complying with all state and federal regulations including, but not limited to, RESPA, HMDA, TRID and Fair Lending Practices and credit union policies and procedures
- Responsible for completing all required training and educational requirements.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as necessary for the continued growth and advancement of the Credit Union.
- Must be able to work after normal credit union hours to include weekends when necessary.
What are the Requirements of the job?
- Registered in the National Mortgage licensing System and Registry (NMLS) as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO). First time registration requires a SAFE Act background check.
- High school diploma or GED. Associates degree preferred.
- Five years experience as an MLO at a full-service financial institution. Must currently hold this position or must have been candidate's most recent role.
****Must be able to pass Background Check****