People Driven Credit Union is hiring a part-time accounting specialist. The Accounting Specialist works on routine tasks and is responsible for completing accounting financial transactions and providing accounting support to all credit union personnel.
This position will work 25-30 hours per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - Other duties may be assigned.
- Handle a wide variety of basic tasks (refer to Accounting Team Function list) that require but are not limited to reconciling, inputting, printing, and filing.
- Review and maintain departmental procedures. As needed, develop procedures for new processes or technology.
- Assist and back-up other departmental team members or functions as needed or requested.
- Provide support to internal or external customers/members. Resolve all phone, email and/or in-person requests, problems, or questions promptly or refer appropriately.
- Maintain accounting records in accordance with credit union and regulatory requirements and policies. Follow all credit union policies and procedures.
- Actively cross sell credit union products and services.
- Maintain and protect the Credit Union's professional reputation. Maintain privacy of member account information.
- Complies with the Credit Union's policies and procedures to assist the Credit Union in remaining compliant with BSA/OFAC and other regulations.
- Meets Service Standard Expectations.
Performance Measurements -
- Accounting documents, records, and reports are prepared and maintained accurately and timely.
- Accounting functions are completed in accordance with established standards, regulations, policies, and procedures, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communication is professional, clear, and concise.
- Management is appropriately informed of area activities.
- Security procedures are understood and adhered to by all staff.
- Good working relationships and coordination exist with area personnel and with management.
Job Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school degree or equivalent required. College course work in accounting preferred with one to three years of related experience and/or training, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience in the financial industry.
- 1 to 3 years' experience in related field in a full-service financial institution preferred.
- Good basic accounting skills and familiarity with accounting procedures
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong member/employee service orientation, with a passion for delivering superior service/results
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- The employee in this position must be capable of effectively handling stress, multiple concurrent tasks, and constant interruptions.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- A high-level understanding of the nature and importance of internal controls.
- Strong basic accounting skills and knowledge.
- Tech savvy with strong working knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, e-mail software, use of the Internet, and the ability to learn internal use software.
- Excellent collaborative skills to work cross functionally with various departments, branches, and operational areas resulting in positive working relationships.
- Must have positive working relationships with others in the organization in order to achieve goals and objectives
Applicants must be able to pass a background check.
PDCU is an equal Opportunity Employer.