- Easley, SC, USA
- Part Time
The person selected for this position will be under the direct supervision of the Site Coordinator and Childcare Director and will be responsible for providing an appropriately safe, caring and enriching environment for the children enrolled in the YMCA Childcare programs. Counselors are responsible for conducting themselves in an appropriate manner, setting an example for children, parent and co-workers by reflecting the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, responsibility and faith. Counselors are responsible for complying with all standards set by the Pickens County YMCA and will assist in ensuring that staff adheres to all YMCA Childcare Policies and Procedures.
1. Maintains cognitive and communicative abilities to plan and conduct activities to achieve healthy child development.
2. Ability to learn and lead various activities at an age-appropriate level, including by not limited to, arts and crafts, songs, outdoor skills, sports and skits.
3. Follows and upholds YMCA policies and the Childcare Staff Code of Conduct at all times, always portraying a positive role model for children, parents, members and community.
4. Is responsible for a group of 12 to 15 campers with a maximum ration 1:15.
5. Actively participates and attends all staff trainings as set forth by Directors and/or Site Coordinator.
6. Promotes good personal relationships with children, parents and other staff members, as well as school staff site personnel (when working at an onsite location).
7. Must be punctual on a daily basis and dressed according to policy provided in Code of Conduct.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Must be 16 years of age, 18 years of age preferred.
2. Experience working with children of varied ages highly desired.
3. Be reliable and dependable.
4. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- General housekeeping
- Maintain supplies
- Ensure respectful behavior of children
- Initiate/Maintain positive relationships
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work a flexible schedule to meet program staffing/planning needs.
- Lift 35 lbs using proper technique.
- Must have adequate vision to effectively review documents in varied formats (ie. paper, digital).
- Must have adequate hearing to respond to members and interact with the public.
- Ability to run up to 100 yards and to stand for up to 5 hours.