- 21-Jul-2022 to 31-Mar-2023 (EST)
- Office Services
- Washington, DC, USA
- Full Time
The Physicians Committee is seeking a professional with at least one year of experience in office management, administration, and/or customer service for operations support position with D.C. nonprofit promoting health.
About the Physicians Committee
The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine is dedicated to saving and improving human and animal lives through plant-based diets and ethical and effective scientific research. Our vision is to create a healthier world through a new emphasis on plant-based nutrition, and scientific research conducted ethically, without using animals. We invite you to visit our YouTube channel, our website, and Physicians Committee president Dr. Neal Barnard's blog.
About the Office Services Team
The office services team is dedicated to creating and maintaining a safe, secure, functional, and efficient work environment for staff and visitors.
About this Career Opportunity
We are looking for a team member to coordinate the operational aspects of the Physicians Committee's headquarters, which includes a primary care medical center as well as a nearby residential guest house. Essential functions include:
- Develop, train team members on, and reinforce procedures that promote a safe and secure work environment
- Support team members and visitors in a variety of ways, for example:
- Prepare workspaces for visitors and staff
- Train team members on how to operate office equipment and tools
- Order, stock and organize office supplies and equipment
- Maintain a functional & efficient workplace, for example:
- Perform daily walk-throughs
- Troubleshoot basic issues with office appliances and equipment e.g., replace toner cartridges, resolve paper jams, etc.
- Liaise with vendors such as building management, shredding, plant maintenance, copier, water, etc.
- Provide back-up support for meetings and events, for example:
- Audio-visual support
- Coordinating catering logistics
- Partner with Resident Manager to maintain nearby residential guest house, for example:
- Coordinate maintenance
- Schedule guests
- Liaise with and support several subtenants, for example:
- Relay maintenance requests to building management
- Coordinate use of tenant improvement (TI) allowances
This is a full-time position located at our headquarters in Washington, D.C. (Friendship Heights on Metro's Red Line). Due to the pandemic, most PCRM team members are currently working from home.
Who We're Looking For
Do you have a passion for ensuring office operations run smoothly and efficiently? Do you find fulfillment in lending a helping hand and being a "go-to" person? Do you like to organize and reorganize?!
We are looking for a professional with at least one year of work experience related to office management, administration, and/or customer service. This position requires being proactive, organized, and detail-oriented and the ability to multitask and resolve problems under pressure. It's an active and challenging position that also requires being tech-savvy and self-study to become fluent in several web-based systems. Finally, the position requires being positive, assertive, and collaborative with colleagues and vendors. The position provides opportunities to learn about plant-based nutrition, alternatives to the use of animals in research and education, and nonprofit administration and advocacy in addition to office and project management. Experience working in a nonprofit setting is a plus. The position level (Associate or Coordinator) and salary will be determined based on related experience.
How to Apply
We require a formal cover letter and resume to apply. In your cover letter, please tell us about your interest in our mission, your related experience and accomplishments, and your professional goals. We look forward to hearing from you! Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis.