Paul Mitchell The School Costa Mesa is seeking a licensed Cosmetology Instructor (Learning Leader) who has a positive attitude, is motivated and energetic, is versatile in his/her technical skills, and has proven success in salon skills, including retailing and building clientele. The candidate must be open to learning and adapting to our Paul Mitchell systems and culture and committed to intensive continuing education.
- Lesson-planning and teaching classes in hair cutting, color, cosmetology theory, and professional development, using the Paul Mitchell systems and culture.
- Actively coaching and assisting students (Future Professionals) in clinic classroom to include technical assistance as well as coaching on salon success skills such as guest consultations, re-booking, and retailing.
- Modeling the Paul Mitchell culture and positive professional habits for our Future Professionals.
- Applicants must possess a Cosmetology Instructor License in the State of California.
- Teaching experience would be a major plus.
- Proven successful salon/barbershop experience with strong results in building clientele, up-selling, rebooking, and retailing.
- Passion for educating, learning, and helping others is an absolute must.
- Current California Cosmetology Instructor license
- Excellent organization, coaching, and communication skills
- Skills in supervision, teamwork, documentation, and return on investment
- Solid work history with verifiable references
- Passion for the beauty and barbering industries
- Honesty and professionalism
- Knowledge in Paul Mitchell Schools' cultural and technical systems is preferred
Paul Mitchell The School Costa Mesa is an equal opportunity employer.