- 09-Jan-2023 to 08-Feb-2023 (CST)
- Huntsville, AL, USA
- Based on experience
- Full Time
Company offers competitive benefits package
SYSTEMS ENGINEERS (MID-LEVEL)
A small business in Huntsville, AL, that focuses on providing DoD customers with efficient, cost-effective and innovative solutions in data management, software engineering, system engineering, test and evaluation support, information technology, and information system security, is searching for Mid-Level Systems Engineers to provide technical expertise to guide, execute, and document formal requirements verification and performance testing on advanced radar systems to include the AN/TPY-2 and Sea-Based X-Band (SBX) Radar (XBR).
The selected candidates will participate in a broad array of activities, from hardware-in-the-loop (HWIL) testing to operational testing at site.
- Supporting sell-off of advanced radar capabilities and software builds, including planning detailed technical approach and execution of formal verification events associated with upcoming capability releases
- Operating and maintaining Radar Testbeds during integration, installing new software builds, working with Radar SMEs in Huntsville AL/Woburn MA on radar run analysis and being the focal point for integration between Radar and THAAD Fire Control
- Collaborating closely with program Chief Engineer and Systems Engineering to maintain consistent test/ analysis approaches and technical understanding, developing working relationships with leading engineers from other disciplines supporting radar development to provide verification insight to their work
- Participating in key processes including peer, gate, and test readiness reviews
- Guiding and participating in the construction of analysis tools and processes for handling large data sets and resolving technical questions
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) and minimum 5 years of prior relevant experience
- OR Advanced Degree (Masters) and 3 years of relevant experience
- Systems engineering experience, specifically including requirements development, system test, integration, verification and validation testing, or relatable experience
- Experience performing and executing test methodology within an HWIL or another simulation-based environment
- Excellent analytical capabilities or ability to relate complex behavior and observed phenomenon back to first principles and develop conclusions
- Experience with basic scripting and/ or software development (MATLAB preferred, Java/ C++/ C# also acceptable)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are eligible for security clearance.
- Experience specifically including test, integration, or verification and validation of X-Band family of radars (AN/TPY-2, XBR, GBRP) or other Missile Defense System (MDS) sensor
- Experience as technical lead of a systems engineering activity
- Strong background in statistics and statistical analysis processes
- Working level experience with requirements traceability, requirements management, or documentation of IV&V products within DOORS
- Experience with requirements test development, test analysis, verification and test validation
- Experience in both Windows and Linux/Unix environments
- Stable work environment
- Competitive salary (salary based on experience)
- Comprehensive benefits package including;
- 401k Matching Program
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid leave and more!
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/ veteran
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!