- 09-Jun-2022 to 09-Jul-2022 (CST)
- Huntsville, AL, USA
- Full Time
Company offers comprehensive benefits package
Would you like to be part of a growing team of highly capable engineers working to bring the future of situational awareness technology to our armed forces? This is an exciting opportunity to be part of real innovation, development, and test, supporting advancements in battlefield communication, planning, control, and situational awareness. If you are interested in solving real-world problems that matter to our nation's security, want to learn new things, provide real value to a growing team, and put your skills to the test, then this would be a great opportunity you!
A small business in Huntsville, AL. that focuses on providing DoD customers with efficient, cost-effective, and innovative solutions in data management, software engineering, system engineering, test and evaluation support, information technology, and information system security, is seeking to hire a full-time Electrical Engineer to join their team!
Electrical Engineer Responsibilities:
- Electrical designing of parts, assemblies, subsystems, and complete systems, including drafting/ review/ revision/ release of engineering drawings, selection of components and materials
- Collaborate with other functional areas such as Production, Procurement, Systems Engineering, Quality, and Logistics on aspects of product design, integration, and support in an Agile Hardware environment
- Communicate with internal buyers and external fabrication shops to exchange technical information about fabrication of parts and assemblies
- Perform Electrical engineering analyses, such as power loading, power quality analysis, thermal output, electrical design derating, and authoring reports documenting them
- Develope and maintain bills of material in support of design, production, proposal, or other business activities
- Bachelor of Science with 2+ years of experience in Electrical design
- OR Master of Science with no experience
- General knowledge of product design, especially in integration of subsystems that include network communication (Wired and Wireless), power design and distribution, interconnect diagrams, wire harness/cable design.
- Experience in performance of trade studies to identify components that meet system and subsystem requirements.
- Experience drafting and reviewing electrical drawings to an industry standard in support of designs in a production environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Visio.
- Ability to support periodic travel to customer sites in the continental United States.
- Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Experience with RF relative to radio design, tactical radio systems and amplifier/antenna fundamentals
- Experience in development of power solutions (AC, DC, Vehicle Power Systems, Battery, Solar)
- Experience with managed network devices and systems
- Experience with wireless point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, and multipoint communication devices, and systems
- Exposure to embedded system hardware and software designs
- Experience using PLM/PDM and MRP Systems (Team Center, SAP)
- Certification to IPC-620 Workmanship Standards
- Experience with problem-solving skills to rapidly address issues identified during production and installation
- Experience in working in an autonomous work environment on complex projects
- Experience in working on business or engineering full life-cycle projects from project inception through system sustainment
- Experience working in Agile for Hardware project development
- Active security clearance, minimum level Secret
- Stable work environment
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
- 401k Matching Program
- Flexible work schedules
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid leave and MORE!
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check, security investigation, and drug screening.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/ veteran
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!