- 08-Jun-2022 to 08-Jul-2022 (CST)
- Huntsville, AL, USA
- Full Time
Company offers competitive benefits package
How would you like to be part of a growing team of highly capable engineers working to bring the future of situational awareness technology to our armed forces?
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of real innovation, development, and testing, supporting advancements in battlefield communication, planning, control, and situational awareness. If you are interested in solving real-world problems that matter to our nation's security, want to learn new things, provide real value to a growing team, and put your skills to the test, then this would be a great opportunity for you!
A small business in Huntsville, Alabama that focuses on providing DoD customers with efficient, cost-effective, and innovative solutions in data management, software engineering, system engineering, test and evaluation support, information technology, and information system security, is seeking to hire a full-time Mechanical Engineer to join their team!
Mechanical Engineer Responsibilities:
- Mechanical design parts, assemblies, subsystems, and complete systems, including 3D CAD modeling, drafting/review/revision/release of engineering drawings, selection of components and materials
- Support small, cross-functional teams performing various design and production-support tasks in an Agile Hardware environment
- Collaborate with other functional areas such as Production, Procurement, Systems Engineering, Quality, and Logistics on aspects of product design, integration, and support in an Agile Hardware environment
- Communicate with internal buyers and external machine shops to exchange technical information about fabrication of parts and assemblies
- Perform mechanical engineering analyses, such as weight/center of mass, structural, transportability, or thermal, and authoring reports documenting them
- Develop and maintain bills of material in support of design, production, proposal, or other business activities
- Create, deliver, and defend engineering briefings to support internal and external design reviews, including company management and government customer representatives
- Assist in preparation and submittal of contract deliverable reports and data packages
- Bachelor of Science and 2+ years of experience in Mechanical design
- OR Master of Science and no experience
- Experience drafting and reviewing mechanical drawings to ASME standards
- Experience working as part of a collaborative design team
- Desire and ability to lead small technical teams solving challenging, multi-disciplinary design problems
- Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
- 3D CAD modeling/2D drawing drafting experience specifically with SolidWorks
- Experience using any industry-standard Product Lifecycle Management system such as Team Center (preferred), SmarTeam, Windchill, Workgroup PDM, etc.
- Experience with electronics/payload/C2 integration design for commercial or military systems
- Experience in a production/manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with industry standard MRP systems such as SAP
- Experience working in Agile for Hardware project development
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Environmental test & evaluation
- Concrete pad/geo-civil structures installation design, corrosion prevention, shock and vibration analysis, weld inspection/analysis, components engineering
- CAD/PLM tools management & administration
- Active security clearance, minimum level Secret
- Stable work environment
- Competitive Salary and Benefits Package
- 401k Matching Program
- Flexible work schedules
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid leave and MORE!
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check, security investigation, and drug screening.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/ veteran
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!